THE RIGHTS OF PASSENGERS AT THE FLIGHT DELAY
According to the requirements of the Federal Aviation Rules (FAR) "General Rules of Airborne Transportations of Passengers, Luggage..." approved by the Order of Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation No. 82 of June 28, 2007 at a delay, cancellation, amendment of routes of flights:
- The airline is obliged to inform passengers on amendment of the schedule of the movement of air vehicles in any available way (p. 74 of medical and obstetrical center).
- At the airport visual and acoustic information on a delay or flight cancellation (p. 92 of medical and obstetrical center) should be provided to passengers.
- According to p. 99 of medical and obstetrical center, at a break in transportation
because of carrier and also in case of a delay of flight, flight cancellation owing to
adverse weather conditions, for technical and other reasons of amendment of a
route of transportation, the carrier is obliged to organize for passengers in the
points of departure and in intermediate points the following services:
- providing rooms of mother and child to the passenger with the child aged up to seven years;
- two phone calls or two messages by e-mail at expectation of a flight departure more than two hours;
- providing with soft drinks at expectation of a flight departure more than two hours;
- providing with hot meals at expectation of a flight departure more than four hours and further each six hours — in the afternoon and each eight hours — at night;
- placement in hotel at flight waiting for the departure more than eight hours — in the afternoon and more than six hours — at night;
- delivery by transport from the airport to hotel and back when the hotel is provided without collection of an additional fare;
- luggage stores organization.
The services specified in this point are provided to passengers without collection of an additional fare. For receiving the above-stated services and also concerning exchange or refund of air tickets, passengers need to address to representative office of airline carrier.